We are currently migrating products and APIs from this website to Visa’s new developer website. During the migration, products including Visa Accelerated Connection Platform, Visa Offers Platform, Visa Checkout Consumer Enrollment API, and Visa Paywave will still be available to access but functionality on this site will be limited. If you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more on integration options for the Visa Checkout Consumer Enrollment API.
Request access to the program and to offer a simplified Visa Checkout enrollment process to your customers.
Who Can Use It
To use the Visa Checkout Consumer Enrollment API, you must be a Visa principal member that issues Visa branded credit or debit cards, or have specific approval from Visa. Final deployment is also subject to approval by Visa. To determine your eligibility, contact your Visa representative or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Visa Checkout Consumer Enrollment API is a way to simplify enrollment in Visa Checkout that maintains the existing relationship between a consumer and their financial institution. At the same time, it creates opportunities for clients to add value to their consumer's shopping experience. It can help you:
- Reduce friction for consumers who want to use Visa Checkout services and enroll issuer cards within Visa Checkout.
- Drive consumer adoption and transactional growth for participating partners and issuers
- Enable co-branding opportunities for clients within the Visa Checkout consumer experience, including reinforce branding throughout enrollment, registration and purchase.
- Provide a platform for future enhancements for consumers, such as transactional alerts based in payment preferences.
How It Works
The consumer enrollment flow for Visa Checkout provides a seamless handoff from a client site to Visa Checkout, where the consumer confirms their payment information and subsequently creates a Visa Checkout account.
- A consumer clicks relevant call to action to sign up for Visa Checkout through a client website or mobile device.
- Cardholder data is securely transmitted to Visa, in real time through a secure API.
- Consumers are redirected to a user flow hosted by Visa to enroll or sign in to Visa Checkout.
- Consumers are asked to confirm the cards they want to add to Visa Checkout.
- Consumers are presented with a confirmation of cards added and given the opportunity to see the merchants accepting Visa Checkout or manage their account.